The Whois is an internet record listing which identifies who owns a domain name and how that individual/business may be contacted. Whois records have proven to be extremely useful and are thus considered an essential resource in maintaining the integrity of domain names.
It is important to keep your domain name contacts up to date, as important information is sent to these contacts – such as domain expiry notices, Whois policy reminders, and other important domain related information.
You can update your domain contacts by following the instructions below:
- Login to your BITPORTAL account.
- Click Manage my Domains on the homepage.
- Select the domain name you wish to update the contacts on.
- In the drop down options click Contacts.
- Modify the registrant, technical and administrative contacts as required.
- Click Update Contacts.
You have now completed the update! It is vital that domain name contact details entered are valid, true and correct as required by registrar policy.
Please note: Domain name contacts and your BITPORTAL contact details are separate. Updating one does not update the other.