Taking a backup of your cPanel web hosting services regularly is an excellent idea and it covers you in the unlikely event of data loss. Taking a backup is a very easy process which provides peace of mind. Please see the steps below for taking a full cPanel backup:
- Login to your cPanel service.
- Click the Backup Wizard icon.
- Click Backup.
- Select Full Backup.
- Leave Backup Destination set to Home Directory and enter your email address. Click Generate Backup.
- Wait until it completes and you receive the confirmation email – this can take some time if you have a large number of files.
- Once it’s finished go back to your cPanel home and click Backup.
- Click “Download or Generate a Full Website Backup”.
- Download the backup archive listed, it will have a timestamp from when you completed step 5.
- Once you have completed the download, using FTP or File Manager, delete the download archive from your home directory on the server.
Please ensure you store your backup archive in a safe and secure location either on your computer or a remote location. If you require the backup archive restored you may open a support ticket through your BITPORTAL account.